Aksa Home Decor has developed this supplier and purchasing policy in alignment with its ethics, believes and aim of encouraging the purchase and use of materials, products, and services that incorporate environmental, social, community, and performance goals.
- Preference will be given to suppliers that meet robust third-party social and environmental certification criteria. Where reasonable, all significant suppliers should meet one or more of the following:
- Fair Trade certifications e.g. WFTO, or Fair Traders of Australia & New Zealand endorsement
- Certified B Corporation, social enterprise or not-for-profit organisation
- Energy Star Certified
- Green Star Certified
- Other rigorous and independent third-party certifications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- When price and quality are reasonable, preference will be given to independent, woman, or minority-owned suppliers in line with Fair Trade principles.
- We would actively reduce our need for ongoing consumables in 2022 year. Remaining purchases would be evaluated for sustainability, such as paper materials (business cards, printer paper, envelopes, files, etc.) that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- At least 50% recycled materials
- At least 50% renewable materials
- At least 50% FSC certified paper products
- We would procure only the necessary equipment. Of those necessities, we encourage the purchase of sustainable durable goods. These include:
- Environmentally sustainable, electric-powered equipment, including office equipment, appliances, external power adapters, televisions, and other audio-visual equipment, must be ENERGY STAR certified, when feasible.
- Secondhand electronics and equipment will be purchased when possible.
- Environmentally preferable or secondhand furniture should be purchased, where feasible.
If you have any feedback to share with us regarding this policy, please feel free to contact us.