Upgrade from plastic watering cans to this elegant watering can which adds a rustic charm to your garden accessories.
This metal watering jug would perfectly complement the striking beauty of your garden.
Inspired by the traditional Indian etching handicraft and a farmhouse milk jug, this watering monster holds approx. 3 litres of water and has a painted black enamel interior. You don't have to make many trips from house plants to water tap to fill this can.
Its sturdy rolled-edge handle and relief pattern have been "antiqued" with verdigris green, dark brown and metallic copper.
If you would like to view the white version of this beautiful jug, then check out White Watering Can/Jug - Copper.
- Fair Trade product which is Made in India
- Decorative alternative to cheap plastic watering cans
- Vintage look
- Height 33 cm
- Diameter 13 cm
- Due to the nature of hand-made products, kindly expect slight imperfections. This is not a defect and items are non-refundable due to this reason.
- Note that this product is appearing slightly bright green in the photograph but in reality, it is a bit dull compared to the photograph, giving it an ethnic charm.
- Each is unique, so will vary
About Indian Metal Craft & Artisans
Indian Handicraft industry provides livelihood to many artisans. Amongst the wide range of handicrafts, metalwork is one of the popular crafts in India. Some popular techniques can be traced back 5,000 years to the ancient city of Mohenjo-Daro in the Indus Valley Civilization.
Artisans mainly use metals like brass, copper, bronze, iron, silver which are durable and lend themselves well to delicate designs and patterns.
The traditional methods of sand casting & lost wax (locally known as Dhokra) methods are mostly employed in this field. Techniques like engraved, carved, enamelled, etched or soldered with other metal pieces to create vividly designed beautiful metal objects.