Hand-Knotted Recycled Cotton Round Chindi Rag Rug - Multicolour 3 ft
Add splash of colour in your home with this beloved floor covering..
These ethically produced durable rugs have been hand-knotted by master artisans that have worked together to create a spectacular floor to beautify your home.
The cotton used in this rug has been recycled, repurposed and diverted away from landfills in a sustainable manner. These nice rag rugs are a perfect way to complete the boho-chic look.
The vibrant colours of this hand-knotted round rug would suit the decor of any room and works perfectly to liven up any space including a kid's bedroom, playroom, living room, game room or pooja room. Enjoy the spectrum of colours and the handspun toughness of this rug that blends with a variety of decor.
- Materials: Upcycled Cotton Textiles
- Multicoloured (more edging towards 'Red' colour) - Add a versatile and vibrant look to your home
- Durable for everyday use
- Braided chindi fabric
- Fair Trade product
- Made in India
- Each is unique and will vary
- 3' x 3' foot or approx 90 cm diameter
- Due to the upcycled nature of the cotton material used in this product, expect variation in colours and plait pattern.
- Due to the nature of hand-made products, kindly expect slight imperfections. This is not a defect and "Hand-Knotted Round Cotton Chindi Rug - Multicolour 3 ft" is non-refundable due to this reason.
- Spot clean only. Do not use fabric softeners. Do not use bleached. Use light detergents only when needed and dry naturally for best results.
- The Rug is sent in the Folded manner
About Indian Rug Making & Artisans
Indian rug making has been influenced by the designs and traditions of the Mugal empire ruled from the mid-16th to the mid-17th century. Akbar, Mughal king of in the 16th century, set up workshops to exclusively weave carpets for the royal palaces.
In North India, primary rug making centres are in the states of Uttar Pradesh, and Punjab. This weaving activity is prevalent in rural communities. Each handmade carpet can represent weeks and months of production time involving the amalgamation of several unique processes including sheep raising, shearing, spinning and wool dying, designing, weaving, finishing, and finally washing the rug.
This item has been made using the traditional method of Chindi weaving. Chindi literally means 'torn cloth' in Hindi, the national language of India.
Chindi Rugs are made from old clothing – recycled and repurposed clothing is first sorted into colour piles then torn into long strips of useable material. Next, these strips are woven into colourful “plaits”. These plaits are then crafted into beautiful sustainable and eco-friendly rugs. These handmade rugs are usually made in a round or rectangle shape.
Free Shipping over $75Shipping Policy
$10 Fixed standard shipping fee is waived off when the order value is $75 or above (AU) and $100 or above (NZ).
Hassle-Free ReturnsRefund Policy
14-day return policy to give you peace of mind.
Buy Now, Pay Later
Choose your favourite service - AfterPay, Zip, Latitude Pay, Klarna or LayBuy