Elephants continue to play a rich role in India’s history and culture. This chime features a decorative hammered elephant figure on a small, rustic recycled bell. Hang inside or outdoors for a rustic accent.
Though every handmade bell is different, generally the sound is similar to this audio. It is perfect for doorways, windows, patios, offices, dorm rooms and more.
- Fair Trade product
- Made in India
- Distressed look
- Hand-tuned by master artisans
- Support sustainable livelihood of art makers in India
- Length = 22 cm
- Elephant = 11 cm
- Bell = 2.5 cm
- Due to the nature of hand-made products, kindly expect slight imperfections. This is not a defect and items are non-refundable due to this reason.
- Upcycling refers to reusing objects to create high-quality products; this is different from recycling
- Keep this outdoors in a covered area, away from the harsh weather.
About Indian Metal/Bell Craft & Artisans
Indian Handicraft industry provides livelihood to many artisans. Amongst the wide range of handicrafts, metalwork is one of the popular crafts in India. Some popular techniques can be traced back 5,000 years to the ancient city of Mohenjo-Daro in the Indus Valley Civilization.
Bells or commonly called as Ghanta in Sanskrit is the unique cultural form of Indian culture. These Ghanta or ritual bells are the essential part of Indian temples. Hindu temple has a metal bell hanging at the entrance and devotees use to ring the bell while entering the temple as a sign of their prayer. It is believed that the sound and the ripple echo the bell generates reverberates on the human aura.
Artisans cut and hammer metal to create bell structure. The outer is coated in brass and copper and fired in local or homemade furnaces. This lends a rustic and unique look to each bell.