Look no further for a perfect piece for your bookshelf or for supporting your favourite books on a table. These handmade bicycle bookends are lovely to look at and are sure to win your heart.
Add style with this rustic gorgeous bookend. A unique gift for bicycle riding family and friends for Christmas holiday season, birthday, Valentine's or for everyday use.
- Handcarved by expert artisans
- Made from Iron
- Fair Trade
- Made in India
- Black colour
- Set of 2
- Gift Idea for the bicycle enthusiast - adult and teen alike
- Size: 20.50 x 6.50 x 18 cm
- Weight: Approx 900 gm
- Due to the nature of hand-made products, kindly expect slight imperfections. This is not a defect and "Handcrafted Bicycle Bookends" are non-refundable due to this reason.
- Care instructions: Wipe clean with a soft dry cloth
About Indian Metal Craft & Artisans
Indian Handicraft industry provides livelihood to many artisans. Amongst the wide range of handicrafts, metalwork is one of the popular crafts in India. Some popular techniques can be traced back 5,000 years to the ancient city of Mohenjo-Daro in the Indus Valley Civilization.
Artisans mainly use metals like brass, copper, bronze, iron, silver which are durable and lend themselves well to delicate designs and patterns.
The traditional methods of sand casting & lost wax (locally known as Dhokra) methods are mostly employed in this field. Techniques like engraved, carved, enamelled, etched or soldered with other metal pieces to create vividly designed beautiful metal objects.
Read about the history of bicycles on our blog.